A healthy mind is a wealthy mind. To foster a healthy mind, it is important to recheck what food habits or other daily routines one has adopted. Children require a balanced diet and need to intake ample nutrition as they grow up, to keep their mind and body healthy. Food available outside are processed in some form, mixed with preservatives and are usually unhygienic.
While we cannot replace the mother’s recipe, we serve hot lunch that’s close to mother’s cooking every day. We believe this is a great substitute for the food that children carry to school - usually prepared and packed early in the morning. When children are ready to consume them for lunch these foods turn cold, generally attacked by yeasts, and sometimes are inconsumable.
At Tatva, we have shouldered extra care and have consulted one of the premier food and nutrition consultants to assist us in designing the food menu. Each day children are provided with sumptuous, and delicious food served hot to ensure their well-being. Another reason we encourage dining at school is to foster a sharing and caring culture. By encouraging children to eat together we intend to help children recognize the significance of being together which also offers good socialization.
Benefits of this practice:
- Children learn table etiquette
- They watch friends eat and "follow the herd”. They also learn to share / serve with friends on the table.
- Food is equitable among all children.
- Healthie-living (a dietetics company) designs our food program as we care to provide a balanced diet.
- We share the menu in advance with recommendations for dinner – clearly defining the protein, carbohydrate and nutrient requirements for children.
- We are always open for parents to join the students and faculty for lunch.